Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Take Flight Altered Frame

I finally had time to do a lil something for myself and I do have to say I am super happy with the way it turned out!!!! Starr, one of my gals, has a challenge up in the Altered art group at Bella Creations and I wanted to step back from the minis and try something fun so I played along. We had to incorporate the phrase, TAKE FLIGHT, and what better way to do that than with BUTTERFLIES!!!!!!

I found a frame laying around the house, picked it up, and never looked back. I painted first with light pink paint, layered a crackle medium over the top, then covered all that with a layer of antique white paint. Heat set it and waited for it to crackle, and boy did it!!!! Doesnt it look like a piece of weathered wood!! YAY!!!

I took the beautiful Butterfly Garden papers from the June "Heavenly" kit and fussy cut my lil heart out....a lil mod podge and VOILA!!!!! Of course I had to add some IAMROSES flowers and a lil Butterfly!!!! Oh yeah, i even glued down some transparent pink beads along the inside of the frame..SUPER SHABBINESS!!!!!!

I hope to play more so in the future so keep an eye out for new creations!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your frame is absolutely delicious! What a gorgeous kit too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacee! This is so scrumptious! Easy to do great projects with your "Heavenly" kit to work with!

    ReplyDelete