Friday, May 28, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
So without further adu...here are my three designs using the awesome kit....
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Rules for this award are: Link back to the person who gave you the award; Post where you would like to be in 10 years; Give this award up to 10 awesome bloggers.
I choose to give this award to Kelly,Karen W., Lynette, Tettiz, Myia,and Zoa.
Where do I want to be in 10 years...I would hope that I'm still scrapping, maybe just a little bit better. I would like to be or have been on more design teams, and possibly making money doing what I love.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
1. First gather your supplies: 5x5 sheet of paper, 4x4 sheet paper, adhesive, hole punch, a brad, and a pencil.
2. First take your 5x5 piece of paper and cut at each corner almost to the center. Make sure and don't cut all the way to center.
3. Take and bend one corner to the center and glue. Fold the next corner in and repeat with the other two corners.
4. Punch a hole through the center of the flower.
5. Repeat the entire process with your 4x4 piece of paper and then place the smaller flower in the center of the larger flower, making sure to line up the holes. Place a brad in the holes to hold the two flowers together.
6. Take a pencil and curl the edges of the petals. the more you curl the better the flower will look.
7. Fluff your flower and adjust to your liking, and there you go, a really pretty, simple flower.
Monday, May 17, 2010
1. Gather your supplies( Notebook,Trimmer,or any cutting device, adhesive, paper,ribbon, and embellishments.
2.Measure and cut paper to fit the front side of notebook. Get as close to the metal spirals as you can. Glue in place.
3. Embellish to your liking.
4.Using two different yet coordinating rolls of ribbon cut strips about two and a half inches long.
5. Tie the ribbon around each spiral, alternating colors. Make sure and tie the knot as tight as you can get it!
6. Fluff the ribbon and you are finished!!!!!!!Sit back and enjoy your fabulous creation!!
Sorry that the final pic is of a different notebook.I was making 4 different ones for my boy's teachers and I must have taken a picture of the wrong finished notebook,and it would be my luck that they gave them to them today.Oh well hopefully you get the picture!!! Good luck.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
I won and I'm sooooo excited!!!!! I submitted my lo that I made for my mother for Mother's Day to the examiner for their inaugural scrapbook contest column and I won first place. Here is the link to the article....http://www.examiner.com/x-48643-Scrapbook-Examiner%7Ey2010m5d16-Scrapbook-contest-papertraditional-category-winner-week-1-Lacee-Broyles So head on over and check it out. This was just the first
This was the first of many contests so head on over and join me.
I'm turning 45 on May 19, and I am going to celebrate by having a giveaway! One of my recent goals was to get on a design team, and I got on one just in time for my birthday! I have also won several RAKs lately! So, it's not huge, but I feel like I'd like to do at least a small RAK in return for all of the joy blogging has brought me the past couple of months since I opened my blog!!!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
I decided to combine both the elements challenge, anything nursery rhymes,and the sketch challenge. This was so fun for me because these are colors that I normally do not scrap...I'm more of a neutral kind of gal, so this was way different for me! So hop on over to their site and play along cause they are giving away some awesome prizes at the end of the month!!!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
that could never be broken...she is my best friend and I love her with all my heart.
My mother in law loves to be at the lake and since i have tons of pics of my kiddos at the lake I decided to make her a lo of her only grandchildren doing what she likes best...lounging on the beach. She is a wonderful women and I hope that she enjoys this as much as i enjoyed making it for her.